Wednesday, March 2, 2016

In Like A Lion, Out Like A Lamb

It is cold & blustering, I am frozen to the core. No matter what I do; I cannot seem to warm up. My surroundings are slippery at best & I can barely keep my balance.

I wish I were talking about the weather. And yet, I am describing my life. What is supposed to be my life. It seems surreal...a place beyond reach that I am witnessing by accident. I feel like I should hush my voice, hold me breath, & duck behind a tree.

The Winter squalls came in with thunderous winds & swept my world away. I will spend (have spent) some energy grieving. I will cry & scream at God (I apologize). My faith will be (has been) shaken. I will, however, hold my head high, stick my feet in the muck & hold firm against the storm.

 I am a strong believer that we are never faced with challenges we cannot overcome. As much as I may question God's intentions...his plans; my heart knows (somewhere beneath the sadness) that there is a light coming around the bend.

Although this storm came barreling in with a roar that held the capacity to shatter. My hope...my belief, is that it will dissipate. That the sun will come out, the ice will melt, & the Spring rains will wash clean all the debris left by such a harsh Winter.


1 comment:

Alicia said...

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

You will find in time that you will dance and smile and laugh again and the pain though it will never go away will be manageable and less devastating and one day you realize that today...you didn't even think of it. (Trust me, I speak from experience). Be Happy, be well :)